Employee motivation is the hottest topic of discussion in the corporate world.
With increasing competition, all companies, business organizations, and multinationals are fighting a battle at the edge and their success or failure greatly depends on the group of its employees.
It’s a well known fact that hard working and talented employees drive productivity and help the company reach new heights in the business arena.
To a great extent they influence the profit margins and credibility of the company, eventually paving path to company’s success.
Therefore, it’s very important to keep the employees motivated and infuse high level energy within them that gives them the drive to work harder and harder.
Here are some of the most significant tips for managers and company’s high-end professionals to motivate their employees and win success for their company:
1. Make employees feel that they are important to the company and are a part of it. Build a strong foundation for them in the company so that they feel they are working for their own business profits.
2. Spread out positive energy in the office atmosphere and make them feel comfortable. Don’t do any kind of partiality and play favorites on specific employees. This will not only hamper team progress but will also hamper the work performance of other employees of the team.
3. Explain their job profile in a way that whatever they are working on is important and will help the company achieve success. Give them an inspiring organizational purpose that goes beyond the reach of salary expectations. Let them feel they are needed in the company.
4. Share all the knowledge and skills you have. Once in a month held on-job-training programs where managers can help employees improve their product knowledge and also advance their professional skills. This will directly improve job performance.
5. Acknowledge contributions and give recognition. If you feel any employee has worked hard to get the desired result then make him or her feel better with a compliment.
It just takes a few seconds to speak a few words but one compliment will go a long way in improving work performance. Everyone loves to receive compliment. There are many other ways to show appreciation like a thank you note, a pat on the back, etc.
6. Annually or half-yearly you can also have distribute recognition certificate or gift vouchers for extra-ordinary employees. Recognitions and awards strengthen their accomplishments and motivate them and even other to work harder and harder.
7. Add more excitement and enthusiasm to work by giving responsibilities to employees that they love doing. Analyze their interest and taste and give them what they enjoy doing as this will exponentially improve their performance at work.
Don’t force them to work harder on a project that they are least interested in unless and until there is an emergency. In such a case explain him or her about the urgency and expect something good out of it.
8. Don’t be afraid of giving an appropriate criticism as workers should known where they are wrong and where they are right. There is no harm in telling them that they have performed poorly in some area but always take care of the way you tell them. Be polite and gentle when you are criticizing your workers and ensure them that you’ll help and support them to improve.
9. Once you have trained them on a certain project and have defined the work boundaries, give them the freedom to work as per their own wisdom. Let them feel free to change the working style or modify the project if they feel its better. Let them take their own decisions and if it’s something big they can ask for your approval before implementing.
10. Don’t ignore fun activities in office. Once a week or once a month, you can free all your workers to have great time partying. This will ease them from the work pressure and make then feel lighter at work.
Article by Jennie Gandhi
About the Author : Jennie Gandhi has a passion for writing and writes on diverse topics including fashion, beauty, automotive, educational, motivational and even technical. To read more on motivation, visit, staff motivation and motivational speaker.
- Do You Have A Culture of Recognition? Using Assessment Tools To Increase Employee Motivation (in2recognition.com)
- Money Isn’t Always the Answer for Employee Motivation (themarlincompany.com)
- What Employees Really Want from Their Leaders (ashleylaurenperez.com)
- How to Motivate Employees? The Best Answer Ever (inc.com)
Category: Healthy Spirit