Sometimes, due to over sight, we may have made an unnecessary and expensive purchase that caused us to be disheartened and gave up the budget all together.
However giving up is not the way and the answer, rather you should change and learn from it and improved further on the budget.
In fact a budget is a great way to keep track of your family’s expenditures and help you to identify it there are ways to reduce expenses and increase savings.
Here are the five steps to create a no frill family budget. Hopefully they make your budgeting job easier.
1. Gather three months of your income details and calculate your average monthly income.
2. Next, gather your three months of your monthly bills. Do this for the fixed expenses like the rent, phone bill, car payments and other loans that are monthly. Then add them up and get the average. Do the same for other expenses like groceries and credit card bills.
3. Review the results of your calculations. Do a detail review of your average monthly earnings against your monthly fixed expenses and other monthly expenses. And at the same time think of some ways to economize. Cut back on some items if necessary.
4. Once you know how much income and expenses you have, you can then develop a family budget. Do your best to stick to it every month.
5. And when you have a monthly budget, set up a savings account. This account is where you make regular deposits. Even if you can only save a few dollars from each paycheck, it is very important to start developing good saving habits.
The above are 5 basic steps that you can use in developing and implementing a no frill, easy to stick to family budget. However do take note that each family has different needs and wants. What’s important to keep in mind is that you have the freedom to set up a budget that suits your family’s situation.
Article by Ignatius Gabriel
About the Author : Learn proven and effective methods of family budgeting that you can use. Visit FamilyBudgeting-101.com a website that provides tips, advice and resource to create an effective family budget.
- Living Debt Free – 5 Tips For Planning a Family Budget (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Creating a Family Budget that Works (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Get Control of Your Family Budget (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Creating A Family Budget – 4 Reasons Why It Is Important (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- How to Set Up a Family Budget (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Five Reasons You Should Budget (turbotax.intuit.com)
- How to budget in 60 minutes (confused.com)
- Clueless about personal finance? Just follow the money (socialmedianz.com)
Category: Healthy Lifestyle