Some of us love throwing parties, while others of us favor being the partygoers.
There are any number of occasions that you may want to plan a party for such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, engagements, promotions, baby-showers, bridal showers, graduations and various holidays.
Some people will have a party for family gatherings, while some parties will simply be an excuse for meeting up with friends.
The perfect decor can make your party more exciting and enjoyable.
There are several wonderful party decoration ideas, all of which will make your event unforgettable.
Whatever type of party you are throwing, the basic foundation of party decoration ideas remains virtually the same. Essentially, the only thing that changes in a party each time is its theme. For example, the method of decoration will change if it is a birthday party as opposed to a bachelor party.
Good party decoration should make the atmosphere festive while remaining comfortable for the guests. The decoration should ably reflect the mood as well as the theme of the party.
After you have arrived at a guest list for the party, you should then start gathering your party decoration ideas. Selecting the perfect decorations will ensure your guests remember your party for a long time to come. Try to keep in mind that your party decoration will vary depending upon the availability and amount of space you have.
Try to avoid clutter and make sure that the decoration does not look overblown. Less can be more and decoration done in a strategic way can be quite helpful to give the extra zing to your party with getting gaudy.
Party Decoration Ideas for Different Types of Parties:
* If you’re planning a party for a baby shower, you’ll want to use your decorations to set a relaxed and cheerful mood. You may want to put up a banner with the words ‘Baby Shower‘ in big bold letters. Maybe include the name of the expectant mother. Get pink and blue balloons and hang then around the room.
In the center of the room or table you can place a nice centerpiece such as a stroller or crib. Filling it up with chocolates and candies can be a great idea. Bake some cookies in the shapes of baby dressed, baby shoes, etc.
* The one party you’ll probably plan more than any other is the birthday party. You’ll want to make the décor special to impress your friends and family. Select some unique and creative birthday party decoration ideas and make that once-a-year occasion even more special.
A large banner with ‘Happy Birthday Dearest (Name)’ written in bold, bright letters works well here too. Use colorful streamers and balloons to decorate the ceiling. Try different arrangements of flowers and lighted candles for trim around the birthday cake. Funny posters and cartoon characters make great décor for a child’s party.
* One of the most important events in a man’s life, next to his wedding, is the bachelor party. The future groom is allowed one last single night of pleasure and indulgence before embarking on his married life. The party venue should be decorated tastefully, at least to begin with. Metal tubs filled with ice and cold beer are always popular.
Throw in a few expensive cigars to mark the occasion. A touch of class is nice especially if the father of the bride is invited. Save the dancing girls and drinking contests until a bit later in the evening. The older guests will usually retire for the evening before the real debauchery starts.
* Of course the wedding party may be one of the most important events in the life of any couple. Wedding party decoration ideas should be bold, big and colorful. Classical décor includes white lace and ribbon with gold and silver accents. Blue and pink are traditionally well accepted colors for wedding parties.
Don’t forget the grand floral arrangements and lighted candles. Set the mood for elegance and romance and the party will be a hit.
Article by Cheri Brennan
About the Author : Cheri Brennan is an avid party planning enthusiast. She has planned many parties for friends, family and corporate settings.To get more great articles, tips and party planning ideas click over to http://www.planyourbestparty.com! Visit today and get the “Appetizer Recipe Collection” as a free gift!
- Birthday Party Craft Idea (odetomyabode.com)
- Polka Dot Baby Shower, Sunshine Baby Shower (potterybarnkids.com)
- Host a Party Like the Stars Without Breaking the Decoration Budget (prweb.com)
- Planning an exciting and unexpected surprise birthday party (redenvelope.com)
- Baby Shower on a Budget (socialcouture.typepad.com)
Category: Healthy Environment