Teeth whitening treatments, whether they consist of over the counter medicines or herbal home teeth whitening is usually beneficial in light teeth color.
Even after conventional treatments and home teeth whitening, you can expect to not be completely white teeth.
The cure can only help brighter color to some extent.
Remember that teeth whitening natural remedies are comparatively safe and cheap compared with procedures such as laser bleaching and veneers.
Teeth whitening procedures will not work on your teeth if the discoloration is caused by internal staining or other medical conditions. Such cases require internal whitening treatments.
Causes and Symptoms of Teeth Discoloration
Basically, teeth color is determined by the color of the dentin. Dentin dental tissue lies beneath the semi-translucent tooth enamel. Dentin is normally yellow to grayish-white color. But can also be brownish or blackish. This is the dentin that tend to become discolored due to various reasons and make the teeth look yellow instead of white.
Some of the common causes of teeth discoloration are staining due to excessive intake of tea, coffee, chocolate, soft drinks, red wine, blueberries, blackberries and other such chromogenic objects. Cigarette smoking and tobacco also cause the same base nicotine deposits. Prolonged use of certain medications, especially antibiotics can also cause damage.
Natural wear of tooth enamel due to increasing age is another important factor responsible for teeth discoloration. Amalgam restoration, root canal treatment, dental trauma, tooth decay caused by inadequate oral hygiene and other similar problems can also cause the same.Tooth discoloration can be caused by excessive exposure to fluoride during early childhood.
Teeth discoloration is characterized by yellow or brown stains on teeth.
Natural Home Remedies for Teeth Whitening
• Rubbing your teeth with salt is one of the easiest natural home remedies for teeth whitening. Rub a combination of baking soda and salt is also beneficial in whitening teeth. Since both these substances are abrasive in nature, follow this natural action only once in a day and do not overdo it. Discontinue this method if it starts to cause damage.
• Use a solution of lukewarm water and rock salt as mouthwash helps to improve your teeth color.
• Mixing hard ashes of the toothpaste or putting it on the toothbrush while brushing your teeth is a valuable natural remedy to whiten teeth. Do not rub wood ash for nearly or longer maturities as it may damage the enamel.
• The bark of the walnut trees have also been found useful in healing the problem.
• Eat fresh crunchy fruits and vegetables such as broccoli, are celery, carrots, apples, guavas, cucumbers, tomatoes, strawberries, etc. One of the safest natural home remedies for teeth whitening.• rub your teeth with the inside of an orange peel helps to remove stains and whiten teeth naturally.
• Strawberries are another popular home remedy for natural teeth whitening. Just rub your teeth with strawberry pulp. You can floss your teeth after using this solution to remove strawberry seeds that get stuck between.
• Crush 15-20 dried basil leaves and powdered dry rinds of orange on it. Regular use of this combination as an effective home-made whitening powder.
• Rub a mixture made from half a tablespoon of baking soda and 1-2 drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide is another common way to whiten teeth. Use this treatment weekly or monthly, depending on the condition of your teeth, but be careful do not overdo it.
• Sage leaves and spearmint oil are considered as excellent teeth whitening home remedies. You can use these herbs either by brushing with sage leaves, or use 1-2 drops of spearmint oil in water as a mouthwash for whitening teeth.
• Rinsing the mouth with a solution of water and apple cider vinegar taken in equal amounts acts as a very favorable Teeth whitening home treatment. It is also helpful in dealing with gum disease and mouth ulcers. Since acetic acid is an organic acid, not to use this solution for a long time.
• Brush your teeth with a few drops of lemon juice on it or rub a combination of one teaspoon each of lemon juice and salt on the teeth can help whiten teeth, but these measures are usually not recommended because the lemon juice and other similar vitamin C-rich substances tend to cause mottling of teeth, whereby the teeth more susceptible to injury.
Article by John Right
About the Author : Read more on Herbal Tooth Paste and Herbal Supplements and Health care.
- Inexpensive Teeth Whitening Techniques (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Teeth Whitening Tips (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Teeth Whitening at Home (everydayhealth.com)
- Teeth Whitening: Do It Yourself or Visit the Dentist? (everydayhealth.com)
- How To Whiten Teeth (answers.com)
- Teeth Whitening (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Facts About Teeth Whitening (healthylifestyleplus.com)
Category: Healthy Appearance