Hair loss is basically an excessive loss of hair or when you lose your hair earlier than expected.
Now, everyone naturally has some hair loss daily but some people lose a lot of there hair early in life.
Some of the reasons for hair loss are disease, genes, medication, injury, age and stress.
The most common cause is inherited which is male-pattern or female-pattern hair loss. Men develop bald spots on the top of the head or forehead and women have an overall thinning of the hair. So, what can you do to try and prevent these things from happening?
Here are a few things you can do to keep your hair healthy which can help prevent hair loss in the future.
1. Eat a healthy and balanced diet – It seems that everything comes back to diet and hair loss is no exception. By eating a healthy diet you will keep your hair strong and healthy as well as your body. Also make sure to get enough rest as this will keep your body functioning properly to fight off illness which can lead to hair loss.
2. Be gentle with your hair – This includes trying to avoid blow dryers and letting your hair air dry as much as possible. Try to avoid tight hairstyles such as braids, ponytails and buns as well as hats that can rub on the scalp causing bald spots. Additionally, don’t color your hair if you can avoid it or at least allow 8 weeks between colorings.
While coloring your hair doesn’t necessarily make it fall out, it can damage the hair and increase your chances for excessive hair loss.
3. Rogaine – The over the counter medication minoxidil is available without a prescription and has been shown to promote hair growth and prevent hair loss in a small percentage of people. No other over the counter medication has been shown to have any effect on hair growth.
Rogaine is the only non prescription hair growth product that has proven benefits.
Even though it is impossible to guarantee hair loss prevention since it is a natural by product of aging, by doing these things you are giving yourself a much better chance of avoiding any type of excessive hair loss in the future.
Article by Sarah McCurdy
- Why is Hair Loss Prevention for Women so Important? (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Understanding Excessive Hair Loss (hairstylistsinsideinfo.wordpress.com)
- Is a Hair Loss Product the Answer for You? (everydayhealth.com)
- Hair Loss Prevention Techniques (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Top 5 Hair Loss Prevention Products (healthylifestyleplus.com)
- Hair Loss Prevention Tips – Minimize Hair Loss (siliconvalleylatinoleadership.com)
Category: Healthy Appearance